BAD BITES CAN CAUSE:
(1) SLEEP APNEA (2) ABNORMAL WEAR OF TEETH, BONE, AND JAWS
TWO CLASSIFICATION OF BITES, DYNAMIC AND STATIC
Dynamic Bites classification:
(1) Canine Guidance
(2) Anterior Guidance
(3) Group Function
(4) Balancing Side Interferences
(5) Protrusive Interferences
types of static bites:
(1) cross bites ---the maxillary tooth/teeth inside the mandibular teeth
(2) open bite --- space between maxillary and mandibular teeth
(3) overbite --- protrusion of upper teeth
(4) underbite --- protrusion of lower teeth (prognathism)
(5) deep bite --- maxillary anterior teeth over lap the mandibular teeth alot
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STATIC AND DYNAMIC BITES [occlusion] ?
Dynamic occlusion is how the lower teeth make contact with the upper teeth when the lower jaw is moving and chewing. Basically how the jaws function. This contributes to wearing and stressing of our teeth and jaws.
Static occlusion is when the lower jaw hits the upper jaw at rest. This is how our face looks at rest.
HOW DOES A DYNAMIC BITE CHANGE OVER TIME ? It usually changes when the anterior teeth wear, or the posterior teeth move or are lost.